Diagnosis Multisystems specializes in environmental noise studies for professional use for hotels or other businesses specialized in recreational activities. The environmental noise study includes measurements of the produced, from the business, noise in real time, of the order of 100 db and measurements with background white and pink noise, of the order of 80 db.
Noise measurements are being performed with a suitable integral sound meter which complies with the “ΕΛΟΤ 1106” or “ISO R-1999” specifications. The instrument has a suitable sensor for measuring the pressure of sound waves and a calibrated weighted circuit simulating human hearing sensitivity. The sound pressure value is expressed in µPA (micro-Pascal). The human hearing organ is capable of detecting sounds from 20 µPa (hearing level or hearing threshold) up to 100,000,000 µPa (pain level). Calculations in acoustics and in audiology are carried out, with a logarithmic size expressing the sound pressure level (SPL) in decibels (dB) and defined by:
SPL = 10 * log(P / PO)2
PO = hearing level or hearing threshold (20μPa or 0 dB)
P = the measured sound level
The measurement methodology set out in A5 / 3010/85 Ministerial Decision was followed for the correct and objective estimation of noise levels. The maximum A-sound level outside the nearest legal ownership is recorded when the standard audio source generates an 80-dB (A) A-level sound in the center of the store, given its business status. The instrument with which the measurements were made is the [AVM2050 ANALOGUE SOUND LEVEL METER] of VELLEMAN Inc. having the following technical characteristics:
A. Sound Meter (AVM2050 ANALOGUE SOUND LEVEL METER):
- Check INFRASTRUCTURE for technical details.
B. White and pink noise source (DriveRack PA +):
- Setup Through Speaker and Amp Selection and Levels
- Stereo Feedback Elimination with 12 feedback notch filters
- dbx 120A Sub-Harmonic Syntesizer
- White and Pink Noise Generator (used with Auto EQ and Auto Level Wizards)
- Linked Stereo DSP Processing for ease of use
- 24-bit ADC/24-bit DAC, > 113 dB Dynamic Range
- Dual 28-band Graphic EQ- Linked or Dual Mono, Stereo Multi-band Parametric EQ
- Stereo Output Limiters and Output Alignment Delay
- Front-panel RTA-M XLR input with phantom power
C. White and pink noise source synthesized with MATLAB certified software and linked to sources.